How to power-level Alchemy and Speechcraft in Skyrim
Two of Skyrim’s most elusive skills are Speechcraft and Alchemy, they require a lot of grinding away at the A button, which seems simple enough at first, but becomes frustrating once you realize the amount of times you need to do it. Power-leveling both speechcraft and alchemy go hand-in-hand with this guide. Hit the jump for the detailed guide and video!
- During quests and roaming, gather as many ingredients as possible – flowers, butterflies, sabre-cat eyes, etc.
- Find any alchemist shop in one of the major cities – Arcadia’s Cauldron in Whiterun was my primary choice.
- Eat any ingredients with all four “UNKNOWN” attributes, this will discover the first attribute for making potions. Each time you discover an attribute your alchemy skill goes up.
- Talk to the vendor and buy all ingredients available – typical cost is anywhere from 1000 to 2500 gold (you will make this back easily). Each time you buy or sell your speechcraft skill goes up.
- Use the near-by alchemy table (there is always one right in the alchemy shop) and craft as many potions as possible. Each time you create a potion your alchemy skill goes up.
- BONUS: Use 2 known ingredients as your base potion and mix in a third, unknown ingredient, this occasionally discovers new attributes, levels you up more and lets you brew more potions.
- Sell back all of your crafted potions, the vendor should have much more gold from selling you ingredients. Again, selling increases speechcraft.
- Rinse and repeat – fast travel to other cities while you wait for the used vendor to get more money and ingredients.